Unwilling to accept fate, Sandusky files another appeal - Philadelphia
Sandusky appeal is likely to be denied.
Jerry Sandusky is doing everything he can to get out of prison, which is where he will likely spend the rest of his life. Sandusky has filed another appeal saying that his conviction for molesting and raping 10 boys should be overturned.
He just won't quit, Sandusky files another appeal.
Sandusky was convicted last year for sexually abusing no less than 10 boys that he encountered via a charity he founded for at-risk youth. He was also the famed defensive coordinator for the State College football team.
Sandusky's previous appeal was denied on all counts by his trial judge on Jan. 30. His attorneys are now asking an appellate court to hear his case. They claim, among other things, they did not have adequate time to prepare for his defense.
Most such appeals are denied.
Sandusky was sentenced to spend 30-60 years in prison, which given his age, means he will never be released.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Sandusky, appeal, conviction, abuse, Penn State
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Cheers Star: We Didn't Need Surveillance When We Were Kids - 'We Had God'
- IN SEARCH OF SUNKEN TREASURE: Divers plunge into Lake Michigan to search for 17th Century ship
- No-one Can Change the Truth About Fatherhood. Love Your Father. Be a Good Father
- Archbishop Chaput Cuts Through the Double Talk About Religious Liberty
- Courageous Cardinal George of Chicago Defends Marriage, Calls for Public Conversion
- Courageous Bishop Paprocki Shows Us How To Contend for the Truth About Marriage
- Lowest of the low: Man steals 92-year-old man's glasses and Bible in Manhattan
- SHOCKING COURTROOM VIDEO: Nevada woman arrested by same Marshall she says sexually assaulted her
- CENSUS: Non-Hispanic whites hits all-time low of 63 percent
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?