Unwilling to accept fate, Sandusky files another appeal - Philadelphia
Sandusky appeal is likely to be denied.
Jerry Sandusky is doing everything he can to get out of prison, which is where he will likely spend the rest of his life. Sandusky has filed another appeal saying that his conviction for molesting and raping 10 boys should be overturned.
Sandusky was convicted last year for sexually abusing no less than 10 boys that he encountered via a charity he founded for at-risk youth. He was also the famed defensive coordinator for the State College football team.
Sandusky's previous appeal was denied on all counts by his trial judge on Jan. 30. His attorneys are now asking an appellate court to hear his case. They claim, among other things, they did not have adequate time to prepare for his defense.
Most such appeals are denied.
Sandusky was sentenced to spend 30-60 years in prison, which given his age, means he will never be released.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- How Many Loaves Do You Have? Living the Miracle of the Loaves Today
- If Detroit declares bankruptcy - what then?
- United States teens still lagging behind their global friends in education
- A Thanksgiving Day Reflection on the Goodness of America
- Thanksgiving: We Must Become Again a People of Thanksgiving, Love and Light
- Black Friday, immoral and oppressive? How about - a RIP-OFF as well?
- Obama decide cierre de embajada de EEUU en el Vaticano: Muestra 'antipatía' hacia católicos
- Very first book printed in U.S. sold at auction for record-breaking $14 million
- WAS IT A LIE? Family says they DID tip gay server, despite Internet story
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?