Viral Facebook post turns out to be true
Man reunited with dog after image goes viral.
You know those annoying chain status updates on Facebook that your friends like to share to raise "awareness?" It appears that one of them actually worked and helped a homeless man get his dog back.
This image went viral on Facebook and helped Dave Thomas reunite with his companion, Buzz Lightyear.
In this case, Dave Thomas, a homeless man living in the San Bernardino area was parted from his dog Buzz Lightyear, after police arrested him for failing to show up to court for two traffic violations. Buzz was impounded and Thomas was told it would cost him $400 to retrieve his companion.
Thomas had $6 in his pocket when he went to retrieve Buzz. He broke down in tears in front of Buzz's cage, and Maria Sanchez, a regular visitor to the shelter, snapped his photo. She posted the picture online and it immediately went viral, spreading across Facebook.
By Tuesday morning Thomas had received $2,000, his dog, and even a marriage proposal.
It's a heartwarming story in an age where your emotions are often played online just for attention. In this case though, the case was real and the tugs produced an outpouring of love that saved a man's best friend, and hopefully, in a way, the man himself.
Of course, friends be warned, that's still no license to start hitting "share" on every image.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?