Viral Facebook post turns out to be true
Man reunited with dog after image goes viral.
You know those annoying chain status updates on Facebook that your friends like to share to raise "awareness?" It appears that one of them actually worked and helped a homeless man get his dog back.
This image went viral on Facebook and helped Dave Thomas reunite with his companion, Buzz Lightyear.
In this case, Dave Thomas, a homeless man living in the San Bernardino area was parted from his dog Buzz Lightyear, after police arrested him for failing to show up to court for two traffic violations. Buzz was impounded and Thomas was told it would cost him $400 to retrieve his companion.
Thomas had $6 in his pocket when he went to retrieve Buzz. He broke down in tears in front of Buzz's cage, and Maria Sanchez, a regular visitor to the shelter, snapped his photo. She posted the picture online and it immediately went viral, spreading across Facebook.
By Tuesday morning Thomas had received $2,000, his dog, and even a marriage proposal.
It's a heartwarming story in an age where your emotions are often played online just for attention. In this case though, the case was real and the tugs produced an outpouring of love that saved a man's best friend, and hopefully, in a way, the man himself.
Of course, friends be warned, that's still no license to start hitting "share" on every image.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?