Killer offered to plead guilty if he could father a baby -- has child with guard
Ronell Williams was convicted in 2007 of murdering two NYPD detectives, later impregnanted prison guard.
The New York Post is breaking a story about a convicted murderer who asked for an astounding plea deal. In exchange for a guilty plea, Ronell Wilson wanted conjugal visits.
Wilson would plead guilty if he could be sentenced to serve his time in state prison where he could have the possibility to get conjugal visits. His reasoning was he wanted to father a child to "give his wasted life some meaning."
Federal prisons do not allow such visits.
The federal prosecutor rejected the proposal, however that did not stop Wilson from fathering a child. After being sent to a detention center in Brooklyn, he began to romance a number of women including prison guard, Nancy Gonzales. Authorities say he was romancing several women at the same time, in an effort to obtain find companionship and sex.
Gonzales, 29, was arrested on Tuesday for having sex with Wilson in his prison cell. Gonzales is now eight months pregnant with his child. She has since been released on $150,000 bail and will now face a prison sentence herself. It is illegal for prison staff to have sexual relations with inmates in part because inmates cannot legally give consent - among other reasons.
In addition to having sex with Wilson, Gonzales reportedly was also romantically involved with at least one other inmate. She reported her pregnancy by Wilson to the other inmate. It is unclear if this is how authorities became aware of her involvement with Wilson.
As for Wilson, his original death sentence was thrown out by a judge on the basis of a technicality. Prosecutors are seeking to have it reinstated. That effort is not related to the current case involving Nancy Gonzales.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?