Adult shooter massacres children at CT school
Heartbreaking details and images are now coming from Connecticut school.
Yet another mass shooting has occurred, however this one is different because the perpetrator was an adult and the victims small children. At least 10 kids, plus the shooter are dead. The death toll may be even higher, with 27 reported by some outlets. The situation is developing.
Children with their eyes closed being escorted from their classrooms.
The shooting began around 9:35 a.m. Reports suggest the shootings may have begun in the hallway of the school. The perpetrator likely used at least two handguns to commit the crime. Police say they have recovered those weapons.
Children, ordered to cover their eyes, were seen fleeing from classrooms under heavy police escort. Many were evacuated to a nearby firehouse.
Some of the bodies of victims were present outside.
The story is developing, more details will be reported soon.
11:10 a.m. PDT: News-wire reports that local authorities say the number of dead is close to 30, mostly children.
11:13 a.m. PDT: Body of suspect has been confirmed in classroom.
11:19 a.m. PDT: Killer is believed to be 24 years old.
11:21 a.m. PDT: Law enforcement is identifying the killer as Ryan Lanza.
4:56 p.m. PDT: Investigators are retracting their previous ID of the shooter. The shooter is now said to be Adam Lanza, 20. Wearing black military attire, he shot and killed 20 students and seven adults.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Sandy Hook Elementry, shooting
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Violent Tsarnev friend killed by FBI after blaming Tamerlan for unsolved murders
- Eric Garcetti becomes Los Angeles' first Jewish mayor
- 12,000 homes damaged or destroyed in Moore, daunting road to recovery underway
- US Supreme Court Accepts Religion Case: Will Legislative Prayer Survive Religious Censorship?
- In the Wake of the Moore Tornado: What Can we Learn from the Disaster?
- Priests for Life: Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act Most Significant Legislative Step Forward
- Homeless man whose face was eaten away in cannibal attack recovering
- Court sides with Obama, Osama death photos can remain secret - for your own good
- Largest Burmese Python caught in Miami-Dade County
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?