Zimmerman defense asks for longer leash - Orlando
Defense makes motion for greater freedom in light of new evidence.
George Zimmerman may enjoy a little more freedom in the days to come as a judge considers a defense motion to remove his GPS monitor and allow him to move freely about the state. The defense filed the motion after the release of new evidence that shows Zimmerman was physically attacked.
A newly released police photo of George Zimmerman appears to bolster his claim of self-defense.
The defense motion reads in part, "During the course of discovery, certain evidence has come to light suggesting that Mr. Zimmerman is innocent of the charges against him.This evidence is particularly relevant... when determining conditions of release."
According to the defense, Zimmerman "needs to be able to travel more freely throughout the State of Florida for reasons of his own personal safety and... to have the ability to assist his defense." The ability to travel would facilitate that effort.
The motion is expected to be heard on Tuesday.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin, motion, photo, defense, GPS
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Cheers Star: We Didn't Need Surveillance When We Were Kids - 'We Had God'
- Poorly prepared teachers steering nation's classrooms
- Did Pocahontas save explorer John Smith here? Native American site of Werowocomoco fascinating regardless
- No-one Can Change the Truth About Fatherhood. Love Your Father. Be a Good Father
- IN SEARCH OF SUNKEN TREASURE: Divers plunge into Lake Michigan to search for 17th Century ship
- Courageous Bishop Paprocki Shows Us How To Contend for the Truth About Marriage
- Courageous Cardinal George of Chicago Defends Marriage, Calls for Public Conversion
- Archbishop Chaput Cuts Through the Double Talk About Religious Liberty
- CENSUS: Non-Hispanic whites hits all-time low of 63 percent
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?