Rewrite the Bible to allow gay marriage, CNN host Piers Morgan declares
Piers Morgan says that both the Bible and the U.S. Constitution are heavily flawed
Being controversial generates lots of worthwhile discussion on the part of the audience. CNN host Piers Morgan has declared that the Bible needs to be rewritten to allow gay marriage. Morgan has also said that both the Bible and the U.S. Constitution are heavily flawed, and need to be rewritten. These comments have indeed proved to be controversial, and a petition to have him deported back to the United Kingdom has since garnered 84,000 signatures. Other petitions since then have asked that he not be allowed to return to the U.K.
A petition is calling on Home Secretary Theresa May to stop CNN presented Piers Morgan from returning to Britain. 'We got rid of him once and why should we have to suffer again,' the Web site says. The Americans wanted him so they should put up with him.'
"Both the Bible and the Constitution were well intentioned but they are basically, inherently flawed. Hence, the need to amend it," Morgan said while interviewing Pastor Rick Warren on his CNN show.
"Not a chance," Warren said. "What I believe is flawed is human opinion, because it constantly changes."
"But you and I know the Bible is, in many places, a flawed document," Morgan continued. "My point to you about gay rights for example - it's time for an amendment to the Bible. You should compile a new Bible."
Saying that he believes that the Bible reveals the truth, and the truth is never outdated Morgan replied to Warren "We're going to agree to disagree on that."
It was just the longest line of Morgan's outspoken opinions after he offended thousands of Americans with his anti-gun remarks. Morgan has demanded tighter U.S. gun laws following the Sandy Hook massacre.
Morgan certainly doesn't seem to respect those who disagree with him. He declared a gun advocated interviewee as an "unbelievably stupid man."
In response, a man in Texas launched a petition on the White House e-petition Web site earlier this month, demanding Morgan be deported immediately for "exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."
The petition has already garnered more than 84,000 signatures, far exceeding the 25,000 signature threshold required to get a White House response.
Undeterred, Morgan replied "If I do get deported from America for wanting fewer gun murders, are there any other countries that will have me?"
There a few in the United Kingdom who don't want Morgan back. Hundreds have signed the "Keep Piers Morgan in the USA" petition after it was proposed by Janusz Jasinski, a Birmingham-based Web site designer.
A third petition is calling on Home Secretary Theresa May to stop him from returning to Britain.
"We got rid of him once and why should we have to suffer again," the Web site says. The Americans wanted him so they should put up with him."
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Piers Morgan, CNN, Bible, same sex marriage, petition, deportation
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- An Anatomy of Christian Joy: 'Be, Jesus, Our Joy!'
- In Imitation of St. Joseph, Model of Fathers of Families
- Fathers Are Guardians of the Family
- Pope Francis: Freedom Means Always Choosing the Good; A Challenge in Today's World
- Pope Francis attracts record breaking number of Twitter followers en Espanol
- Meet these senators who are unafraid to talk about their faith
- 'Lady' the black labrador survives after being shot 100 times with a BB gun
- HARROWING ORDEAL: Nigerian man survives boat capsize in air bubble
- Pope Francis Refers to 'gay lobby' inside Vatican
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?