Blasphemous Obama painting goes viral
Image is making the rounds in the media and on social networks.
Last weekend we had Jamie Foxx say that Obama was our "lord and savior." Now, we have the picture to prove it, or so we paraphrase former GOP candidate Herman Cain's tweet which alludes to a new Obama painting which most find to be blasphemous.
Most Christians find 'The Truth' blasphemous. The paining is being widely circulated by liberals.
Entitled "The Truth," the painting shows Obama before the presidential seal wearing a blue suit, his arms outstretched to hold back curtains covering the seal. On his nodded head he wears a crown of thorns.
The painting was scheduled for exhibition in New York four years ago, but public backlash dissuaded D'Antuono from proceeding. Now that Obama has been reelected, he has decided to stage the exhibit.
D'Antuono claims the piece was intended to be political, rather than religious, based on the popular claims that Obama was some kind of savior to the American people.
Despite the critical intent behind the artwork, many Christians still feel it is blasphemous.
The elevation of Obama to the status of Christ has occurred before, including references to him as the "Obamessiah." Last weekend, Jamie Foxx referred to Obama as "Our Lord and Savior," prompting Herman Cain to tweet, "Yesterday we had Jamie Foxx saying that Obama was our 'lord and savior'. Today we have the picture to prove it."
Now, the image of Obama as savior has gone viral on the internet with liberals forwarding the image for the purposes of gathering a rise from their Christian brethren on social networks. The image is becoming a leftist, atheist icon for Obama, regardless of the author's intent.
This cult-like following of Obama is nothing less than idolatry, but the controversy is great for dividing people and driving gallery admissions.
Obama, who professes that he is a Christian, is still yet to comment against the artwork, and to repudiate Foxx's weekend comments for that matter, leaving all to speculate that perhaps he does not condemn them much at all.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obama, Messiah, Obamessiah, Christ, blasphemy, Jamie Foxx, Herman Cain, Michael D'Antuono
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- An Anatomy of Christian Joy: 'Be, Jesus, Our Joy!'
- In Imitation of St. Joseph, Model of Fathers of Families
- Fathers Are Guardians of the Family
- Pope Francis: Freedom Means Always Choosing the Good; A Challenge in Today's World
- Pope Francis attracts record breaking number of Twitter followers en Espanol
- Meet these senators who are unafraid to talk about their faith
- 'Lady' the black labrador survives after being shot 100 times with a BB gun
- HARROWING ORDEAL: Nigerian man survives boat capsize in air bubble
- Pope Francis Refers to 'gay lobby' inside Vatican
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?